Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php:909) in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php:909) in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php:909) in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php:909) in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php:909) in /www/htdocs/w00e9a79/_filmforen/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
SHARITY - Space Age Pop, Obscurities and stuff... - Filmforen.de

Zum Inhalt wechseln

SHARITY - Space Age Pop, Obscurities and stuff...

163 Antworten in diesem Thema

#1 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 27. November 2004, 12:51

Im Web finden sich zahlreiche Websites, die alte und längst schon vergriffene Scheiben, vornehmlich mit obskurem Inhalt, digitalisieren und präsentieren (in der Regel jedoch im Wechsel, schneller Download lohnt also).

In loser Folge hier einige Scheiben, über die ich gestolpert bin und die in diesem Forum vielleicht von Interesse sein könnten :)

Zitat

Eingefügtes Bild

I found it in a small lot of library LPs. None of them looked too exciting ('pastoral' themes on the guitar, etc) but this one was different. There were no mood descriptions as you'd find on 'real' library LPs and some of the titles had a rough edge to it. Generation Gap and especially Feeling The Riot sounded promising.

Turned out to be a hit. Strange, though some of the tracks start off in an EZ way it's never cheesy. At times it's positively HOT with mad basslines and percussion and brass belting over it all. Add some wordless vocals by The Choir and you get a sound that I've found to be strangely addictive.

But who is Sciltian Adams? Try to google the name and you will get zero results. Never heard of the man before finding this record, or since. Must be an alias than. The label mentions C. Carucci as arranger but that doesn't ring a bell either. Once again: if you know more about this LP or the people behind it I'd appreciate to hear about it.

hier

=======

Die Reihe "Journey To The Past" bietet derzeit folgende Entdeckung:

Eingefügtes Bild

hier.

Bearbeitet von Immo, 27. November 2004, 12:52.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild

#2 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 27. November 2004, 14:21

Astroboy präsentiert:

Zitat

Eingefügtes Bild

Late night TV in the 70s was a super place to catch all manner of forgotten films. One I caught in 1979 was George Axelrod's satirical anti beach movie 'Lord Love A Duck'. I became an immediate fan of Axelrod's black and white tapestry of sociopathic teenagers and lecherous adults, all underscored by a totally swinging Neal Hefti soundtrack (fresh from composing the music for The Odd Couple, just about to write the memorable theme for TV's Batman) and luckily for us the fine folks at United Artists records had the sense to release a soundtrack album, which is this month's feature here at Dance-O-Rama.

Zumindest der Titeltrack ist schon mal recht heiß :love:

Eingefügtes Bild

#3 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 27. November 2004, 15:57

Sem Sinatra ("your man in Tokyo") weißt nicht mehr, wo er diese Mini-Compilation aus den 60ern mit, ich will mal sagen, "japanischem Latin Jazz goes Film Noir" ausgebuddelt hat. Vollkommen egal auch, hauptsache, es ist cool (und das ist es nicht wenig B) ):

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

#4 Swinglargo

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIP
  • 74 Beiträge

Geschrieben 07. Januar 2005, 20:36

Ich bin übrigens ein ein glühender Verehrer jeglicher "musica obskura" und suche ständig neue Sounds als Quelle für Samples. Diese Links sind ganz ausgezeichnet und waren mir bisher noch nicht bekannt. :cheers:

Auf Space Debris hat es wieder ein Update gegeben:

Arakawa Yasuo, Shiji Shiroo : Breaking Pop Hit News
Columbia (Denon) ALS-4647 : Japan, 1972

Eingefügtes Bild

Here's one of my most recent flea market finds. I scored this a month ago from a seller who also had a pristine copy of James Last's Voodoo Party and - uh - I forget what else...
Mostly I pass up oriental rekkids - you find them quite often and they hold very little of interest for me. Over the years I ended up with dozens of red Chinese operas and Taiwan catholic children choir 10"s. Last summer I threw the lot out and swore "NO MORE !"

But this here was clearly something different. A short skirted weightless bird grooving in a kaleidoscopic ball of light ? The gatefold cover didn't have a meaningful word of English but I found the year '72 tucked somewhere near the bottom of the inner cover (next to Made In Japan) and decided to give it a shot. After all, Japan in '72 can hardly be compared to post-Cultural Revolution China.

Most likely, the LP served as a kind of promotional gadget - something you'd get at the yearly automobile fair when you bought that latest compact Datsun... I wonder if the people who got this ever played the record. By the looks of it they never touched it !

Johan Dada Vis would call this "ambitious easy listening" and that covers it nicely, I believe.
I have this idea of Japan as the hippest place on earth and this LP confirms that notion.

BTW, I don't speak a word of Japanese so a big thank you goes to Mr. & Mrs. Crymad who did a great job translating all the info about this album. Without their generous help this page would have been full of ????s and ???????s.

Bearbeitet von Swinglargo, 07. Januar 2005, 20:40.

#5 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 16. Januar 2005, 02:56

Danke für den Hinweis. Sehr schöne Scheibe. :)

Hier eine recht schöne Radiostation bei Live365 zum Thema "Space Age Pop". Nettes Geplänkel für nebenher. :)

Eingefügtes Bild

#6 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 27. Januar 2005, 17:05

Bellybongo präsentiert:

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

Lets get back into the swing of things, a Bellybongo favorite is up today, yes this has been reissued, but not in a decent way, the LP reissue lack the heavy bass in all tracks, and especially track A3.

http://www.bellybong...m/fantasti.html

Eingefügtes Bild

#7 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 29. Januar 2005, 18:59

Vegas Vic's Download of the Month:

Zitat

Eingefügtes Bild

Quality Exotica compilations are almost non-existent, and hard-to-find at best. Which makes the Adventures in Paradise series that much more special. The four volume collection (issued separately) followed it's namesake TV series, which aired on ABC-TV between 1959 and 1962. This initial volume includes soothing Hawaiian standards from stars Alfred Apaka and Roy Smeck, but Tahitian artist Terorotua may just steal the show here. Enjoy - Vic

hier

Für Freunde von Jungle Exotica und ähnlicher Reissue-Compilations sollte der durchaus lohnenswert sein (zumindest wenn ich vom ersten Song, den ich bislang nur gehört habe, ausgehe :D ).

Eingefügtes Bild

#8 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 21. Februar 2005, 23:39

Eingefügtes Bild

Session at Riverside - sehr nette Jazzscheibe aus dem Jahr 1956. :)

Eingefügtes Bild

#9 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 03. März 2005, 23:44

Eingefügtes Bild

gibt's hier

====================

Eingefügtes Bild

hier.

====================

Eingefügtes Bild

hier

====================

Eingefügtes Bild

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#10 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05. März 2005, 22:38

Eingefügtes Bild

hier.

Eingefügtes Bild

#11 rocknrollriot

höhenflieger

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 3.036 Beiträge

Geschrieben 06. März 2005, 08:24

Immo sagte am 05.03.2005, 22:38:

rock'n'roll! :love:

immer her mit den links..... :cheers:
Drei Elemente vornehmlich: der Geschlechtstrieb, der Rausch, die Grausamkeit -
alle zur ältesten Festfreude des Menschen gehörend, alle insgleichen im anfänglichsten
»Künstler« überwiegend.

Eingefügtes Bild

#12 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 07. März 2005, 01:38

Eine historisch nicht uninteressante Obskurität:CHARLIE AND HIS ORCHESTRA, ein von Joseph Goebbels initiiertes Jazzorchester, das mit Naziversionen zeitgenössischer Jazz Hits im anglophonen Ausland die eigene Ideologie transportieren sollte:

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

In the 1930's the Nazis had the same love/hate relationship with swing music. They outlawed it on their homefront, throwing it into  the category of "degenerate" art. But at the same time, they employed it in the service of the fatherland. Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda minister, assembled a fairly competent swing band called Charlie and His Orchestra to perform Nazified versions of the jazz hits of the day. Led by an English speaking German, Karl Schwendler, Charlie and His Orchestra broadcast on the medium-wave and short-wave bands throughout the 1930s to Canada, the US and Britain.

The idea was to lure the masses in with the irrestible tonic of swing music and then slyly work in the anti-Jewish, American and British lyrics after the second or third verse. The broadcasts of Charlie and His Orchestra were not available in the Fatherland proper, but that only enhanced their legend, and they picked up an underground following in Germany as well.

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#13 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 09. März 2005, 22:02

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

Emi and Yumi Ito jumped from Japanese cha-cha sweethearts to international b-movie icons when they portrayed the melancholy captured fairies who chanted "Mo-su-rah" in Toho's classic 'Mothra'. Though they appeared in only three of the Toho monster epics, they made such an impression, that their screen roles overpower that of the monsters themselves!! This is their very first vinyl offering from 1959, including classics like 'Quizas' ('Perhaps')

Beide hier

===========

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

Let's get back into the swing of things!

Here's a real oddity, I don't know what's weirdest, the cover art on front (click link under photo below for a larger version of the apparently handmade Elephants) or the music, it doesnt resemble anything I have ever heard, allthough the familiar raga is there and at least the first guitar riff's in "I can't get no satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones. The production is one Incredibly Strange Music production, without irony/novelty factor. AMAZING.

hier.

Eingefügtes Bild

#14 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 09. März 2005, 22:20

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

About a year ago I scored an unplayed box set of 6 library LPs called Travelling Volume 1-6 by André Lutereau. Turned out to be one of my greatest scores ever. The music was a 60's kind of animated big band jazz that covered a wide range of moods and effects. I have kept my eyes open for the Travelling LPs ever since and to my surprise they turned up quite frequently but only as single LPs. I've never seen or heard of another copy of that box set...

Anyway, imagine my shock when I recently came across an LP called Travelling Orchestra Volume SEVEN !! I tried to keep my cool and grabbed it.
Turns out it's very much in the same vein as the earlier LPs. Lucien Lavoute is bandleader this time but Lutereau receives credit for all compositions. (There was a similar deal for Travelling Volume 1).
I know library LPs are often a mixed bag but I find this series (and particularly the later LPs) to contain some of the most varied and entertaining big band sounds I know of. It's Euro Space Age Pop music. Lutereau should be crowned as the European Esquivel.
Think I'm exaggerating ? Well, listen for yourself...

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#15 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 09. März 2005, 22:37

Eingefügtes Bild

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#16 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 09. März 2005, 22:40

Eingefügtes Bild

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#17 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 14. März 2005, 14:47

Eingefügtes Bild

hier

Eingefügtes Bild

#18 Phibes

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 5.694 Beiträge

Geschrieben 21. März 2005, 23:48

Hallo, ich bin neu hier.

Mit Interesse habe ich das Cover zu Garcias Album Fantastica gesehen. George Pal hat das Teil in seiner Sammlung gehabt und aufgrund dessen ihm den Job für The Time Machine gegeben.

Übrigens ist gerade sein Score Atlantis, the Lost Continent bei Film Score Monthly auf CD erschienen. Auf der Scheibe befinden sich auch 29 Minuten aus Miklos Rozsas The Power (mehr hat nicht überlebt).

#19 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 30. Mai 2005, 21:40

Eingefügtes Bild

"Album of the Week" (nur noch bis zum 02. Juni! :doc: ) auf http://www.basichip.com :)

Eingefügtes Bild

Hier. Eine Art "Easy-Listening-Konzeptalbum" oder so.

Eingefügtes Bild

#20 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 25. Juni 2005, 10:13

Zitat

The members of the Yahoo Group "Surf Guitar 101" decided to put together a mp3 compilation as a way to get to know each other, share music, share recording tips, and to just have fun.

Some songs are from professional bands while others are from amateurs. Some of the songs are "surfy" while others are more experimental. All of them showcase each member's creativity and talents.

The Surf Guitar 101 group is an email list dedicated to the discussion of all things relating to instrumental surf music and related genres. The group is mainly aimed at musicians, but anyone who enjoys instro-surf is welcome. For more information, visit http://groups.yahoo....p/SurfGuitar101

MP3-Stream ~ Übersicht

Eingefügtes Bild

#21 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 01. Juli 2005, 15:06

Eingefügtes Bild

Sehr seltsamer "Avantgarde Easy Listening" oder so :D

http://thecollector100.tripod.com/ (runterscrollen!)

Eingefügtes Bild

#22 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05. Juli 2005, 18:24

Eingefügtes Bild

So eine Art "Spoken Word"-Scheibe, eine Anleitung zum Hexendasein! :king: Die Stimme ist dabei allerdings spooky verzerrt und im Hintergrund nestelt eine schicke Elektro-Grusel-Soundcollage vor sich hin. Strange Stuff! :D

Derzeit "Album of the Week" auf http://www.basichip.com/

Eingefügtes Bild

#23 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 05. Juli 2005, 23:23

Eingefügtes Bild

http://thecollector100.tripod.com/

Eingefügtes Bild

#24 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 11. Juli 2005, 21:35

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

Michel Legrand : A Matter of Innocence
Decca : DL9160 (USA, 1960's)

A lovely OST by the French composer/musician/singer Legrand. It covers a lot of ground - a nice bit of crooning (courtesy of Matt Monro), a light exotica waltz, baroque jazz, 60's pop grooves and more.
Not as wellknown as The Thomas Crown Affair (which I highly recommend) but a gem nonetheless.
Hope you are as charmed by it as I am.

on Space Debris

Eingefügtes Bild

#25 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 11. Juli 2005, 23:37

Eingefügtes Bild

Album of the Week auf http://www.basichip.com - klingt so, wie sie aussieht :D

Eingefügtes Bild

#26 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 12. Juli 2005, 19:26

Eingefügtes Bild

Zitat

The Central Nervous System yet another commercial psychedelicesqe band from the 60's that other than being produced by the Amazing Tom Wilson who worked with Dylan, The Animals, The Velvet Underground & Three Dog Night! to name a few but i got bubkis (sp) on the band itself .
    Here's a bizarre discography of Tom Wilson it's a bit off as it has his work in 1950 with the King Mr. Charlie Parker to 1998 20 years after his passing,like i was saying i couldn't find out much on the band i'm a bt off my game Google-Fu wise as i haven't been in front of the beast for more than a few minutes a day in almost 2 weeks and have a ton of stuff to put up now that our Hosts with the Most Typepad has upped the amount of space we have so with out a lot of blah blah blah here is The Central Nervous System don't freak out now....

Record Brother

Eingefügtes Bild

#27 Immo

zombie

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.096 Beiträge

Geschrieben 12. Juli 2005, 19:30

Eingefügtes Bild

http://thecollector100.tripod.com/ (runterscrollen)

Die Scheibe ist auf RapidShare gehostet.

Eingefügtes Bild

#28 FakeShemp

Schlauer noch, als Sokrates! Zudem Anwalt schlechter Filme..

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 952 Beiträge

Geschrieben 12. Juli 2005, 20:16

Immo sagte am 05.07.2005, 19:24:

Eingefügtes Bild

So eine Art "Spoken Word"-Scheibe, eine Anleitung zum Hexendasein! :king: Die Stimme ist dabei allerdings spooky verzerrt und im Hintergrund nestelt eine schicke Elektro-Grusel-Soundcollage vor sich hin. Strange Stuff! :D

Derzeit "Album of the Week" auf http://www.basichip.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kann den Runterlader nicht finden! :cry:
Mein herziges Filmtagebuch:
http://www.filmforen...?showtopic=1154
Wie, Sie sind anderer Meinung...??!
http://www.filmforen...?showtopic=1155
Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild_________Eingefügtes Bild"Wolle Rose kaufe...???"
"Realität ist eine Illusion, die durch Alkoholmangel hervorgerufen wird!" - ein Unbekannter
"Wenn Du zwei weiße Eltern hast, wirst Du nie ein Halbfarbiger!" - Dieter Bohlen
"Als Johannes Paul der II. gestorben worden war..." Andreas Englisch In einer Talkshow

#29 BogeysCigarette

Blum sah auf die Uhr. Höchste Zeit.

• Senior-Member
  • PIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 572 Beiträge

Geschrieben 12. Juli 2005, 20:37

FakeShemp sagte am 12.07.2005, 21:16:

Kann den Runterlader nicht finden! :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neue Woche, neues "Album of the week"!

#30 Immo

zombie